Sunday, February 19, 2012

What are we like five?

  You texted me the other day. It was after I blew up on you a few weeks before about not putting enough effort into our relationship. You pretty much gave me the finger in words and I told you I was done. If you wanted to fix it you could. Surprisingly, I was serious. But then I went to the Ke$ha party. And in my drunken state I found out that you told Pookie a different story than you told me. You told him you wanted me to visit you so we could fix things between us. I was mad. I was mad that you fed me bullshit about not wanting to fix our relationship and then you went and told him the truth. And hadn't muttered a word to me since that day.
  What are we like five? Was it really necessary in order for us to communicate we had to play the game of "Well you can tell him that I said"through MY best friend? No. But if that's how you wanted to play then whatever. I was done. So that's when I told him to tell you that I said I wasn't going to visit you unless I heard it directly from you. Pathetic right? And that's when you texted me a few days later.
  I was pissed when I read your first message. "First Pitbull song I like wow." Really. Really. After our last conversation that's the first thing you say to me? Fuck you. That's exactly what I was thinking. And then when you wouldn't get the hint that I wanted to have a serious conversation I got even more pissed off. Why do I always have to be the adult? I'm six years younger than you for God's sake. You should be telling me to grow up.
  When you told me the reason you gave up was because you couldn't handle my depression I was a little  hurt. Yes, I did scare the shit out of you on That Night, but I scared the shit out of everyone. It was a dark time in my life. I thought I could trust you. I told you because I knew you would help me. I knew you would do what I wouldn't be able to do. That's why I always confide(d) in you. Because when I don't know what to do you do. I see where you are coming from, but that's what friends are for. And at that time you were my boyfriend. You were supposed to be the closest to me. and you were. that's why I confided in you and not anyone else. But at the end of that day you left me alone. And I learned that the only person I can count on is myself.
  When it comes down to it, I love you. I can talk the talk but I can't walk the walk. You've always had a special place in my heart and I don't know why. I'll probably always feel that way and I will eventually have to settle with someone else because you don't feel the same. But I was serious. I love our friendship and I just wanted my best friend back. I love my best friend. I love the relationship we had. I hate what we've become now. We are both different. But we made the move out here together. Do I need to remind you that the whole reason you got your ass out of Junction was because I was going to school in Fort Collins and refused to leave without you? You told me we would find a way to make it work. If it was meant to be it would. Obviously you still care or you wouldn't have told Pookie what you did. I'm waiting. I'll always be waiting for you to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment